Repair. Restore. Rejuvenate.
Give your artworks new life with our quality art restoration. We have restored art pieces by masters including Chen Wen Hsi, Ng Eng Teng, Cheong Fah Cheong, Chua Ek Kay, Earl Lu, Tay Bak Koi, Goh Beng Kwan, David Kwo Dawei, Hendra Gunawan and Adrien-Jean Le Mayeur.
Here at Eagle's Eye Art Gallery, we use a gentle and organic cleaning solution to ensure no damage is done to the fibres of the artwork in the long-run. This assures the conservation and preservation of your artworks while restoring.
Caring for your Artworks
Regular maintenance is highly recommended for your artwork to remain in good condition. Here are a few helpful tips:
- Place the artwork in a dry, well-ventilated area
- Keep out of direct sunlight to prevent colours from fading due to UV rays
- Keep away from cigarette smoke as it can cause staining
- Avoid moisture as it can cause molding
- Moisture can also soften wood, making it an easy target for termites
- Oil paintings should be stretched as they are prone to cracking when rolled up over a long period
- Art on paper should be mounted on rigid backing and framed to avoid damage from mishandling and dirt
- For cleaning canvas works, gently dust off the surface with a soft brush – never with a damp cloth
- For paper works encased in glass, the cleaning solution should always be sprayed on a soft cloth for wiping and never directly onto the glass, to prevent the liquid from seeping underneath
Checking for Signs of Damage
Even with regular care, discovering these issues early allows preventive measures or timely restoration.
- Discolouration of artwork
- Occurrence of brown spots, be it on the artwork or matboard
- Mould forming beneath the glass
- Cracked frame or glass
- Sagging/indented canvas on stretched frame
Spot any damage on your artwork? Be it requiring a change of matboard, cleaning of glass, our staff will be able to advise you on what can be done to restore your artwork back to its former glory.
Art Restoration and Conservation
Eagle’s Eye Art Gallery provides museum quality Art Restoration and Conservation for artworks.
- Paintings on Canvas
- Acrylic, oil and mixed media paintings
- Wood, stone, cement and bronze sculptures
- Chinese ink and brush paintings on rice paper
- Outdoor sculptures
Our restorers have a sound knowledge of materials and substances required to repair art. Prices depend on our appraisal of damage. Simply bring your artwork to the gallery, and our restorers will be able to give you an assessment by the following day.
- Size of artwork
- Overall photo of damaged artwork
- Close-up photos of damaged areas on artwork
- Medium of artwork
- A brief description of cause of damage on artwork